The heart of our data integration service
Transformation Manager is the data movement software deployed within our DataHub service. It is also used off-the-shelf by our clients in complex data movement systems across the world. Flexible and extensible, Transformation Manager is used by our consultants to connect, transform and integrate data from any data source to any target system.
How Transformation Manager works
An efficient approach.
Transformation Manager is a metadata-driven code generator. It combines a graphical user interface with a statement-driven mapping language. This combination produces lightweight code that’s robust enough for any data integration challenge.
A rich Java environment.
Transformation Manager derives metadata from the elements, attributes and relationships in the source and target models. The software then uses rules specified by our Simple Mapping Language to generate code written in Java. This code can then be easily implemented in any data movement situation.
Deployed for you as part of our DataHub service, implemented by our consultants for your one-off migration, or available to your in-house developers to build their own migrations… Transformation Manager works any way you need it to. Off-the-shelf or as part of a service, it’s your choice.
Transformation Manager is designed as an open system. All models and transform logic are stored in a text-based metadata repository, which can be easily shared by multiple developers.
The Designer is a tool that develops, debugs and maintains transformation projects. The tool has a clear, streamlined interface with a host of useful features.
The Migrator is a user-friendly interface for setting up and running projects. It’s perfect for using sample data to view and check the results of a migration.
Why our clients use Transformation Manager
- Reduced risk. Integrated test and debugging environments, together with a complete regression test framework, minimise the risk of errors in a transformation.
- Maximum flexibility. There’s no need to make changes to your software architecture. Transformation Manager’s small deployment footprint enables transformations to slot right into your existing data flows.
- Improved efficiency. Reuse existing models and transforms to cut down development time. Use Simple Mapping Language to work transparently across your business.
- Lower costs. Complete projects faster, correct errors early and reduce timescales. And with Transformation Manager, you avoid any expensive server hosting.
- Responsive support. Whether bought off-the-shelf or implemented by our consultants, Transformation Manager is supported by named consultants who work with the software on a daily basis.