Our software and methodology are the basis for efficient data migration
Transformation Manager is the data movement software deployed by our consultants within our DataHub data management service. It is also used off-the-shelf by clients who need low-risk software that’s been proven in complex data movement projects across the world. Flexible and extensible, Transformation Manager can connect, transform and integrate data from source to any target system.
How Transformation Manager works
An efficient approach.
Transformation Manager is a metadata-driven code generator. It combines a graphical user interface with a statement-driven mapping language. This combination produces lightweight code that’s robust enough for any data integration challenge.
A rich Java environment.
Transformation Manager derives metadata from the elements, attributes and relationships in the source and target models. The software then uses rules specified by our Simple Mapping Language to generate code written in Java. This code can then be easily implemented in any data movement situation.
Deployed for you as part of our DataHub service, implemented by our consultants for your one-off migration, or available to your in-house developers to build their own migrations… Transformation Manager works any way you need it to. Off-the-shelf or as part of a service, it’s your choice.
Transformation Manager is designed as an open system. All models and transform logic are stored in a text-based metadata repository, which can be easily shared by multiple developers.
The Designer is a tool that develops, debugs and maintains transformation projects. The tool has a clear, streamlined interface with a host of useful features.
The Migrator is a user-friendly interface for setting up and running projects. It’s perfect for using sample data to view and check the results of a migration.
Why our clients use Transformation Manager
- Reduced risk. Integrated test and debugging environments, together with a complete regression test framework, minimise the risk of errors in a transformation.
- Maximum flexibility. There’s no need to make changes to your software architecture. Transformation Manager’s small deployment footprint enables transformations to slot right into your existing data flows.
- Improved efficiency. Reuse existing models and transforms to cut down development time. Use Simple Mapping Language to work transparently across your business.
- Lower costs. Complete projects faster, correct errors early and reduce timescales. And with Transformation Manager, you avoid any expensive server hosting.
- Responsive support. Whether bought off-the-shelf or implemented by our consultants, Transformation Manager is supported by named consultants who work with the software on a daily basis.
- Rapid learning. Transformation Manager is intuitive and easy for developers to learn. Many clients have developed projects after just a few hours of training.
Introducing our proprietary methodology
Our Engagement Model is based on our years of experience working with some of the world’s most exacting organisations.
The Model is used by our consultants to define a process for each client’s data integration. Using the Model ensures a successful outcome because it is based on our experiences and best practice for evaluating, implementing and using data integration solutions. There are four key stages to the model: Analyse, Design, Implement and Maintain.
Software providers and buyers often spend an enormous amount of time and effort qualifying the suitability of each other for a project. To eliminate this, we prefer to really understand your problems first, before we present our idea, because that way we can tailor our presentations to be concise and focused on solving your specific data integration issues.
We will present our ideas and submit a report with outline costs and a high-level implementation strategy, so you can make a judgement on our suitability as a partner. If a decision is made to proceed, we will design a detailed set of plans to define and prepare for the implementation process.
Design delivers valuable information. We define in precise detail what you need to do to achieve the results identified in the Analyse phase. We typically deliver a design document, deployment plan, detailed financial profile and sometimes a proof of concept.
We develop processes and software, map defined data integration points and deliver the required project. We also train your people to ensure they understand how to use the new integration processes and software to achieve the defined outcomes. Progress is also measured to ensure the original metrics and aspirations are being achieved and, where appropriate, refinements made.
Once the solution has been implemented and is functioning as designed, we provide on-going maintenance. This provides peace-of-mind support and covers everything you would expect from a comprehensive maintenance contract, including unlimited email support, a dedicated support manager and extended hours coverage by agreement.